Shown is the passage in the model built by Fleet Engineer James Breaks. On the right can be seen the Captain's Day Cabin with the Ward Room on the left.
About 1893 this passage was modified to give access to the Upper Deck. This involved adding a ladder (not shown) which led up to an access hatch.
As can be seen there was also a ladder leading down into the hold.